28 Feb What is Underfloor Heating/ Benefits of Underfloor Heating
What is Underfloor Heating :
There are two main types of underfloor heating, Water which is known as a wet system and Electric underfloor heating also known as a dry system.
How Electric System Works : Electric underfloor heating is placed on top of a layer of floor insulation this ensures the heat travels upwards rather than down. This is laid on a layer of sand and cement to ensure the surface is completely flat. The heating wires are then connected to your mains supply. It will also include a monitor to regulate the temperature. You can then use a thermostat to control the temperature
How the Water System Works? With a water based underfloor heating system a series of pipes connected to your boiler circulate warm water throughout the floor to heat the space. The system will also be fitted to a thermostat to control the temperature of each room
Benefits of Underfloor Heating :
- Under floor heating works by radiating heat from the floor to the roof, This allows for an even ambient temperature around the body, This allows pleasant warmth at a lower temperature than conventional heaters.
- Heat is distributed evenly throughout each room
- It allows for less wastage as rooms will stay warm even with a draught
- It enhances the home selling price
- Low maintenance cost
- Allows for cleaner air within the room , Its allows a continuous air flow throughout the room while maintaining to heat the room
- Saves energy
- More hygienic, Other heat sources don’t heat floors meaning they will remain cold/damp underfloor allowing a perfect breeding ground for dust mites, Underfloor heating reduces dust mites by 80%
- Flexibility in rooms temperature, Temperature can be set personally to ones desire in each room
- Do not take up any space